Necklift and facelift surgery has long been the first choice for most men and women who wanted to get rid of sagging face and neck skin. The effects of aging appear on the neck before becoming prominent on the face so if you are looking for a youthful remodeling of both the face and neck then it is best to have both the procedures in one sitting if possible. This combination is the most effective solution to combat premature skin aging.
Longer recovery periods of cosmetic surgeries force people to reconsider their decision of having them. Like all the other surgical procedures, necklift and facelift also come with some downtime and recovery but if your surgeon is experienced, skilled and trained then there is no need to worry about this aspect as we know that an experienced surgeon can make the recovery quicker, easier and much comfortable.
Things you need to know about facelift and necklift
Before moving towards the recovery period there are some other important things that you should know about facelift procedures,
- You can get a younger look both surgically and non-surgically. There are a variety of facelifts procedures available that can help you get a more youthful appearance. The choice of treatment depends upon individual needs for skin rejuvenation.
- Talk to an expert, he will let you know which treatment will fulfill your unique aesthetic desires. In addition to that, he will also design a treatment plan for you to fully treat the skin concerns that you are facing. Discuss with him the recovery and expected results of each facelift and necklift procedure and then make your decision carefully.
- It is a fact that the more invasive procedure you choose, the more brilliant results you get. The results of facelift and neck lifting surgery are outstanding last longer than the non-surgical options. You will notice a considerable improvement in the appearance of the skin as soon as the surgery is completed but fuller results take time. In most patients, they appear after 4-5 weeks so you have to wait for some time to see them. The results produced by surgical facelift last for 5-6 years whereas, by non-surgical treatments, they last for 6-12 months only.
- Facelift procedure can take 3-6 hours for completion whereas a necklift procedure is short and takes almost 2 hours in general
- There will be some pain in the treatment site for a few hours post-procedure, you can use prescribed pain killers to minimize them.
Recovery is not the same
The doctor will give you some detail post-procedure instructions to make the recovery period as easy and comfortable as possible, you are requested to follow them properly. However, the recovery time is not fixed, it is different for each patient as every patient chooses different facelift procedure for himself/herself.
People can consider dermal fillers, Botox, fat injections, ultherapy, cool sculpting or laser treatment to rejuvenate and tighten the skin non-surgically. All these procedures are minimally invasive therefore they have short recovery periods. Most probably you will be allowed to return to work within a week so, your social and work life will not be affected by it. You might experience some feelings of discomfort and tightness right after the treatment but all these feelings will go within the first 24 hours.
Surgical facelift and necklift
As traditional facelift surgery deals with a greater degree of skin laxity, therefore, it takes longer than non-surgical procedures. Normally, a patient takes 5-6 weeks to fully recover from it. Some swelling will appear on your face and neck but it will settle within the first week of the surgery. You need to take proper rest to optimize your recovery and healing. Avoid strenuous exercises until you fully recover from it. Take about 2-3 off from work to give your body the time it requires.
Book a free appointment
Ready for a facelift? If yes, book your appointment now at Dynamic clinic. We are providing initial consultation with an expert surgeon for free so don’t miss your chance.