A cosmetic procedure designed to help people improve their facial contours. In this procedure, the surgeon removes excess fat from the chin area to reshape the face. It is well-suited for the people with chubby cheeks. It gives you an attractive and symmetrical face. Sometimes, the procedure is done with other facial aesthetic procedures in order to obtain the best results. Prior to the surgery, talk to a surgeon and discuss with him the look you want to achieve.
If you have large buccal fat pads, then the procedure is just right for you. Just keep your expectations real and make sure you do not have any disease in order to enjoy all of its benefits.
- Buccal fat removal not only improves the contour but also brings balance in the facial features.
- It provides people a younger-looking appearance and symmetrical face.
- The best thing about the procedure is that it does not leave any visible scar.
- It is a safe, painless and inexpensive cosmetic procedure.
- No post-procedural complications you will suffer, if and only if your surgeon is experienced.
- The procedure is usually done under local anesthesia so saves you from the risks of general anesthesia.
Surgical buccal fat removal is done by making amendments inside the mouth. The doctor thins the cheeks by removing fat from the cheek hollows. Find an experienced and highly-qualified surgeon so that he can make smooth and soft changes in the face to provide you the desired look. By a 1-hour office visit, you will get an improved facial shape and a chiseled jawline.
The procedure is usually performed in the in-office procedure room, so no night stay is required. It is quick, usually takes 40-45 minutes to complete. The surgeon will choose between local or general anesthesia depending upon the severity of the problem. After giving the sedation, he starts the actual procedure. Incisions are made inside the mouth, in the lower cheeks, and fat deposits are carefully removed. Maybe a part or an entire cheek pad is eliminated to give the desired results. Incisions made are then closed with dissolvable sutures in the end.
Preparation Before Buccal Fat Removal
Here are some pre-procedural instructions that you have to consider,
- Smoking and drinking can slow down healing so avoid both of them
- Do not take blood-thinning medications at least 7 days prior to the treatment
- If you are currently using any other medication, inform the doctor about it
- Take all the prescribed medications as per the doctor’s guidelines
How much time does it take to Recover?
Recovery can take up several weeks depending upon how much time swelling takes to subside. Take an off from work during the healing phase. Once completed, you can get back to work.
Are there any Risks involved?
Although, it is a minor surgical procedure, but like all other surgeries it also comes with some dangers. Every patient has to experience bleeding, numbness, soreness, swelling, and discomfort for some days post-procedure. Fortunately, you can minimize their severity, you know how? By getting the procedure from an experienced and trained doctor and by following all the post-procedural instructions.
Facts you should know About the Results
- The results produced by buccal fat removal are permanent so carefully make your decision
- The patient notices an instant change in your face right after the surgery but final results appear when all the swelling and redness is gone
- The contours improve gradually so be patient to witness the desired look
Book an appointment
Feel free to contact Dynamic clinic if you are interested in this treatment.
Fill the consultation form to request an appointment with our doctor.