Today, majority of women are getting different cosmetic surgeries as they are giving more importance to their beauty. There are many surgical and non-surgical treatments available for helping them to get the desired look.
Why Breast Reconstruction?
The doctor may ask you to have mastectomy which involves the removal of the breast or some parts of it because you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer. So, breast reconstruction can help in this situation. It can be carried out during or soon after mastectomy. It benefits us by reshaping and resizing the breast and bringing it back to its original form.
Candidate of Breast Reconstruction:
Breast Reconstruction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah is a surgical cosmetic procedure to create a new shape and look of the female breast. You can get this treatment because of the following two reasons.
- If unbalanced breasts are making you feel embarrassed or stopping you from doing the things you want to do, then breast reconstruction surgery can help. It fixes the problem of imbalanced breasts
- If you’ve had a mastectomy because of breast cancer then you can choose this surgery. It restores the look of the breast that you have lost due to mastectomy or lumpectomy.
- You are above 18
- You are in good mental and physical health that is you do not have any other serious medical illness
- You have realistic expectations about the outcomes of breast reconstructions surgery
- You are a non-smoker and a non-drinker
Type of Breast Reconstruction:
It reshapes and reforms the breast after mastectomy or lumpectomy. Breast reconstruction can be of two types,
- Breast implants
- Flap reconstruction
A plastic surgeon inserts a round silicone shell (breast implant) that is filled with saline or silicone gel. It restores the shape and volume of the breast by placing it either in front of or behind the muscle present in your chest. The following steps are performed in the procedure of breast implants. The surgeon will start the procedure by administering local or general anesthesia to the patient depending upon his choice
For most of the people, it is a two-stage procedure. During the first stage, a surgeon places a tissue expander that temporarily and gradually stretches the tissue. After completely healing, the surgeon injects the sterile saline or saltwater in the tissue expander every week. When the tissues heal and when the surgeon has added enough saline to the tissue expander in preparation for the implants, the implant’s insertion process begins,
After that, He removes the tissue expanders and places the implant (silicone or saline) into the breast. In some cases, a surgeon places a permanent implant at the time of the mastectomy, without using the tissue expanders.
In this type of reconstruction, a fold of skin and fat from other body parts such as thighs, mid regions, and back-side are taken to reconstruct the breast naturally. It involves longer surgical procedures as compared to implants. There is a possibility of necrosis of the transferred tissue that can be very dangerous. You might experience some pain and weakness on the site from where the tissue was taken.
If you are planning to have breast reconstructive surgery you are requested to follow some instructions carefully to get the best results of the surgery
- Before the surgery, make sure your surgeon is qualified, trained and FDA approved
- Avoid smoking and drinking for at least 2 weeks before the surgery
- Be aware of all the possible risks and complications
- The doctor may ask you to discontinue some medications and vitamins as they might slow down the healing process
Breast reconstruction is a complex surgery so you will require several days to recover from it completely. You will have to stay in the hospital for some days after having it. Flap reconstruction has a longer recovery time as compared to implant reconstruction. You can expect some soreness, bruising for 2 to 3 weeks after you go home. They will take some time to die down completely.
You can reshape and resize your breast region permanently through Breast Reconstruction Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah at an affordable cost without suffering from botched results. Feel free to contact Dynamic Breast Surgery Clinic by filling in the online consultation form. We ensure you that you will be completely satisfied after consulting us.