Areolas are pigmented (dark colored) areas around the nipples. Just like breasts size, individual can have different areola sizes. You should be very careful while choosing a surgeon for treating any breast-related issue that you are confronting. Usually, patients who have disproportionate nipples opt for Areola Reduction in Dubai & Abu Dhabi. This disproportionality usually arises because of age, hereditary, breastfeeding and trauma. Also, sometimes when you lose significant amount of weight, your areolas stretch.
What is Areola Reduction Surgery?
A simple but expensive surgery that aims to reduce the size of your areolas. If you are not satisfied with the size you can choose this surgery. It solves one’s problem of drooping nipples and enlarged areolas. The procedure can be performed alone or with other breast surgeries such as breast lift or breast augmentation. Large areolas give unpleasing appearance and also disturbs the aesthetic balance.
Usually women undergo this treatment in order to meet their standards of beauty. Because women are a lot more concerned about their physical appearance. They go to the extremes to enhance it. You can undergo areola reduction surgery in Dubai if;
- You have stretched or puffy areolas
- You have disproportionate areolas and breasts
- You have large, uneven or irregular nipples
- You don’t like the way how your areolas are standing in your breasts
You are the perfect candidate if you are above 18 and in good medical health and also you have realistic expectations about the outcomes of the procedure.
- Areola reduction delivers permanent and long lasting results.
- Minimum downtime, faster recovery
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Help you in getting back your lost confidence
- Takes your embarrassment and worries away
Instructions – Before the treatment:
Before the treatment the patient is advised to follow the instructions of the specialist carefully;
- Discontinue the use of medications if you are taking any
- Quit smoking
- On the off chance that you are a drinker, quit it before the procedure
- Shower with a surgical soap on the day of the treatment
- Do not use any medication before consulting your surgeon
- Discuss with your surgeon the risks and possible complications of the procedure
Small incisions are made around the nipples to remove extra skin in order to reduce their size.
The surgery is performed in surgical clinic or local hospital. You can get the treatment even on the day of your initial visit. The procedure starts by administrating the patient to local anesthesia so that you will not experience any pain or discomfort during the treatment.
Following steps are performed during Areola Reduction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah.
- The procedure is performed by cutting a small piece of tissue out of the areola.
- A circular incision is made around the existing areola to minimize the appearance of the scars
- A permanent suture is placed inside the breasts to prevent the areola from stretching
- The surrounding skin is brought inwards and incisions are closed with absorbable stitches inside the areola to reduce the diameter
Instructions – After the treatment:
To maximize the results of the treatment you need to take good care of the treated site.
- Avoid lifting heavy weight and do not exercise until you recover completely
- Take prescribed medications regularly
Risks and Complications:
Few risks are associated with areola and nipple reduction treatment. Before making any decision you have to consider them. It is a fact that every cosmetic surgery even the little ones have some complications and e=risks associated with them. Few of them are listed below;
- Little scarring
- Failure to breastfeeding
You will require 2 or 3 days to fully recover from the treatment. Recovery period is very short. You might feel swelling on the treated site but it will disappear in 2 or 3 days. The absorbable stitches will fall out after 7 to 10 days and you will notice complete results in 4 to 6 weeks.
Areola Reduction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah has long been used at the Dynamic clinic for improving the appearance of the breasts. We are looking forward to hear a word from you. Fill in the online consultation form to book an appointment with one of our experts.