Cryotherapy, also known as cryosurgery, is a treatment that involves the use of extreme cold to destroy abnormal tissues in the body. Dermatologists treat a wide variety of skin conditions by this top-grade treatment. It delivers outstanding and permanent results without causing long downtime. The side-effects of Cryotherapy are minor and temporary that makes it a worth-considering option.
Benefits and Results:
Dermatologists have been using the procedure for years because it offers uncountable health and beauty benefits. A few of them are given below,
- Unlike surgery, there is a very low risk of infection and permanent scars
- It is not an expensive treatment because no general anesthesia or expensive equipment is required during the procedure
- It stimulates collagen production and eliminates wrinkles, fine lines, and spots from the face
- It is a minimally invasive treatment, therefore, does not involve a long recovery period
- It can help those people who are looking for weight-loss treatment. It supports the weight loss process by increasing the body’s metabolism
- It can prevent and treat developing cancer by freezing off the abnormal cells
- It can also treat mental health issues such as anxiety and depression
- It improves the skin elasticity and reverses the aging signs
- If you have eczema then you can go for it
Cryotherapy is a best way of removing moles, warts, actinic keratosis, skin cancers, and skin tags. After the treatment, your skin will look and feel fresh and healthy.
How does it Work?
Cryotherapy is a procedure done to remove certain skin growths by utilizing extreme cold. It effectively destructs abnormal tissues or cells in the body e.g. cancer without causing any harm to the surrounding tissues. The treatment has gained a lot of popularity over the past few years as it has highest satisfaction rate. Nitrogen, carbon dioxide and argon can be used but usually, nitrogen is the preferable choice of most dermatologists. It is because, at extremely low temperatures, nitrogen can freeze anything that comes in contact e.g. for treating cancer, it damages the abnormal cells while connecting with them. Prior to the cancer treatment, make sure your operator is qualified and experienced.
Candidate of Cryotherapy:
You are a perfect candidate for the Cryosurgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah,
- You are keeping your expectations real and right
- You don’t want to undergo the surgical way
- You do not have any other life-threatening diseases other than tumor
- People who are in the early stages of cancer are the best candidates
- You want to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin
- You are 18 years old and mentally healthy
- You don’t want to suffer major side-effects and long recovery phase of the surgery
- You are looking for a minimally invasive solution to treat external tumors
How to Prepare for Cryosurgery?
Cryotherapy comes in different types so the preparation varies depending upon the type of surgery you are getting. In external cases such as for skin cancer, cryosurgery requires very little preparation on the patient’s side. Whereas, if the doctor is treating your internal organ then most probably the pre-procedural instructions will be quite similar to that of any traditional surgery.
Some pre-op instructions that most surgeons give before the procedure of treating internal tumors are,
- Stop food intake eight hours prior to the surgery
- Bring a friend with you on the treatment day so that he or she will drive you home as soon as the procedure is completed
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to anesthesia or any medication
- Let him know about your medical record (if have any)
The procedure is simple and generally performed in the doctor’s office. Anesthetic cream or spray may be used to minimize the pain and discomfort. In external cases, the doctor uses a cotton swab to apply liquid nitrogen to the skin.
For treating an internal organ, the doctor uses a tube that is inserted in the body through the incision. Liquid nitrogen is given to the internal area by utilizing this tube. Nitrogen freezes the abnormal cells which are then gradually absorbed by the body.
If the treatment was done on the internal organ then you may be asked to stay in the hospital for some days to recover properly under the supervision of trained staff. On the other hand, in external cases, patients are allowed to go home on the same day. After the treatment, take good care of the incision site and the treated skin to prevent complications from occurring.
Book an Appointment:
For more information about Cryosurgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah visit our Clinic. Fill out the form to book a free consultation.