Fixed appliances, more commonly known as “braces,” are one of the most popular treatment forms of orthodontic. These have been used and continue to be used regularly in the orthodontic field. Almost everyone knows someone who has them, but the use and benefits of braces are not adequately understood. Dynamic Clinic offers you the best fixed appliances in Dubai and easily helps you make this difficult decision.
What are Fixed Appliances?
Fixed appliances used in modern times modify the appliance that was originally developed in the early 20th century.
Initially, the bands were welded to brackets and fixed onto the teeth. However, with modern techniques, the elastic hoops help hold the brackets in place in front of the teeth. A thin wire is glued to the elastic hoops using a dental adhesive. At the start of the treatment, the wire is favorably thin and flexible. As the treatment progresses, the wire becomes stiff and hard, effectively moving the teeth to the desired position and angle. The severe the problem, the longer these braces have to be placed. The period for these braces can vary between 6-30 months. These metal braces are the more economical option.
Another type of these braces is ceramic braces. They are available in several types. These ceramic braces do tend to be less durable than metallic ones. The most significant advantage of ceramic braces is their aesthetic appeal. The braces themselves do not stain, but their elastic bands do. The bands, however, are changed each month. Ceramic braces also cost more than metal braces but are the most inconspicuous option of the two.
Other Fixed Appliances
Teeth Retainers are generally required to make the straightening effects of braces permanent. They keep the teeth in place after they’ve been improved. It’s worth noting, though, that retainers are only used on the first four to six teeth, not the entire arches.
This surgical device serves as a substitute for lost teeth. They are implanted in the jawbone over a period of months. Over time, dental implants eventually merge with the jawbone and begin to function like genuine teeth while eating, chewing, or talking.
Bridges may be a possibility if you have numerous missing teeth. They are made up of several fake teeth that are implanted in the mouth to help in eating, speaking, and chewing. It’s worth noting, however, that bridges aren’t cheap; to obtain them, you must invest a lot of money.
Dental crowns are coverings that are put on top of broken or decayed teeth. When fillings fail to rectify the issue, crowns are utilized to repair, seal, and recreate the contour of your teeth. Metals, porcelain, resin, and ceramics are all options for dental crowns.
Fillings can be used to rectify broken or cracked teeth. See a professional dentist make them last forever. Look for a dentist who has a lot of experience and skills in treating tooth cracking and breakage.
What is the Purpose of the Fixed Appliances?
Fixed appliances have various uses:
- They are used widely for straightening teeth. This process gives you symmetrical and straight teeth, giving your smile a new, cleaner look.
- Crowded or crooked teeth make brushing and flossing a lot less effective due to the gap between them. Fixing the spacing between your teeth will take away this problem permanently.
- Particular teeth may apply extra force while eating if your teeth are misaligned, leading to bone erosion. Proper pressure will be applied when your teeth are correctly positioned.
- Developing a lisp is a common problem when your teeth are too forward or backward. Aligned teeth will remove this problem, giving you improved speech and confidence.
- If your front teeth are protruding, it makes you more likely to injure them in an accident. Misaligned teeth can also lead to you biting your lip or cheek mistakenly. Fixing this problem would take any issue of this sort.
- Jaw popping, migraines, chronic headaches are also linked to misalignment in your teeth. Treatment would fix all these issues.
What is the Cost of Fixed Appliances in Dubai?
Most people only tend to visit a dentist when something is wrong. This on its own can cause a fluctuation in your treatment cost. Other factors to consider are the chosen appliance, duration of the treatment, skills of your dentist
The cost of Fixed Appliances in Dubai can range from AED 1,000 to AED 20,000, depending on the type of orthodontic device chosen. Consult the dentist in your area. As per the consultation, he will provide you with an actual cost range.
Why Choose Dynamic Clinic:
At Dynamic Clinic, we make sure that our patients receive the best treatment and care. Our strict safety protocols are a testament to the care we have for our patients. Our skilled dentists provide you with a detailed diagnosis. We offer every dental care you can imagine, ensuring you end up with a beautiful smile.