Breast reduction is a very popular and amazing plastic surgery. Women with large breasts are opting for it to get the desired size and shape of their breasts. It is complex and major surgery, therefore great experience and high qualification of a surgeon are very important to deliver the desired outcome. If you are considering it, you should be aware of every aspect of this cosmetic surgery. Consult an expert and get all the information you need about the procedure.
Breast reduction surgery appeared as a miracle for women with heavy breasts because through it, they can wonderfully reduce the size of their big boobs. It delivers outstanding and permanent results.
The procedure is not outpatient which means the patient needs to stay in the hospital for at least one night. There are different techniques that surgeons can use during the operation. Your healthcare practitioner will decide which one he is going to use in your case. Every technique has its own suitability criterion, he will decide on the right technique after properly assessing the patient and the situation.
The five most common techniques of breast reduction surgery are Inferior pedicle, Horizontal scar, Vertical scar, Liposuction-only, and Free nipple graft. Among all these methods, the vertical scar technique is the most popular reliable technique at this time. It results in smaller scars than others and women with all breast sizes can go for it which makes it better than other methods.
Complete recovery from breast reduction surgery can take up to 2 to 3 months. As soon the procedure is completed, you will notice swelling, itching, and bruising on your breasts, but don’t worry they will improve with time.
During the recovery phase, you will be given a surgical bra to wear to preserve the new size and shape of the bosoms. You will also be provided with a list of some aftercare instructions. The instructions will help you in recovering properly and quickly without complications. A few aftercare instructions of breast reduction surgery are,
- Bring someone with you on the treatment day so that he can drive you home as you will not be allowed to drive until 3 weeks
- Complete bed rest is recommended. Stay with your loved one for at least 2-3 days
- Avoid taking aspirin products because they slow the healing process
- Smoking also affects healing so quit it for at least 2-3 weeks
- Drink plenty of water regularly and maintain a healthy diet
- Low impact cardio workout is allowed but high-impact exercise should be highly avoided
- You can use ice or prescribed topical appointments on your chest to minimize the swelling and bruising
- Wear surgical bra 24/7 and wearing loose comfortable clothing throughout the day is recommended
Complications after Breast Reduction
A few potential complications of breast reduction surgery are,
- Permanent Scarring
- Undesired outcome
- Numb sensation in your breasts
If the surgeon who performed your operation was experienced and you have followed all his pre and post-operative instructions, then the chances of complications are very rare.
Book a free appointment
If you are bothered by your big bosoms then you can consider Breast reduction surgery which we offer at Dynamic clinic. By this wonderful surgery, you can get boobs of any size you want so book your appointment now. For booking, you just have to fill the consultation form.