Do you find yourself sweating excessively even when sleeping? Is there a serious problem if this is the case? What are you going to do about it? This article discusses Hyperhidrosis treatment with Botox in detail, including the procedure, preparation, side effects, benefits, and more.
Treating Excessive Sweating Glands with Botox in Dubai
Botox injections are popular for a variety of reasons. They are capable of treating medical conditions as well as improving aesthetics. One of their many advantages is that they can be used to treat hyperhidrosis.
When appropriately used by the physician, Botox paralyzes the overactive nerves, preventing them from signaling the sweat glands. So, when your nerves are unable to communicate with the glands, you do not perspire. It is important to note, however, that Botox only reduces sweating in the area where it has been injected.
The following indications make you a good candidate for Botox injections for sweating:
- Your sweating is causing social withdrawal or emotional distress, as well as disrupting your daily routine
- You sweat while sleeping and wake up drenched for no apparent reason
- If your dripping hands and soaked clothes are humiliating
- Excessive sweating is making you more prone to skin infections
The effects of Botox are slow and temporary. They usually start to show up a couple of days after the injection and last for three to four months.
Nevertheless, your full results may not be perceptible for a month or two, therefore, it is critical to wait a sufficient amount of time before seeking a maintenance treatment.
Botox injections are a simple and easy procedure that can be performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office. Here is how you can prepare for your first Botox appointment:
- Practitioners generally ask that you abstain from shaving your armpits for two or three days before your appointment.
- Make your doctor aware of any medications you are taking, and do not stop taking them unless your doctor instructs you to do so.
- If you take blood thinners, your doctor may recommend you to quit taking them for a few days before your injections in order to avoid nerve damage.
You may be given topical anesthesia at the start of the procedure to ensure a painless and comfortable experience. Following that, the doctor will inject Botox into the area that sweats excessively. Ice packs can be applied to the treated area in the end to reduce the possibility of post-procedural swelling.
Botox treatment may cost you a fortune depending on the severity of the sweating and the location of the clinic. Especially, if you need multiple areas of your body done, the costs can add up pretty quickly.
In Dubai, the average cost of Botox treatment for sweating is around AED 300. Fortunately, many insurance companies will cover the entire or a portion of the cost. But prior to that, they will make sure that you have tried all other options, such as prescription antiperspirants.
Botox in Dubai is a powerful treatment for excessive sweating. It can significantly enhance the quality of life. Sadly, the injections can be costly and are not always covered by health insurance. You can check with your physician or insurance provider to see if your Botox injections are covered.
Are you interested in learning more about “treating excessive sweating glands with BOTOX in Dubai”? Contact us. +971 588230420