With recent technological advancements in the plastic surgery field, body reshaping has become easier and simpler. Now, people can undergo various surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures to achieve an ideal body shape.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a very popular procedure as it improves an individual’s overall appearance by safely and effectively eliminating extra fat from his/her body. You can also get this treatment on your neck, arms, thighs, hips, abdomen, back, or any other area of the body but before opting for it think twice. The surgery is done under general anesthesia and we know this anesthesia type carries a lot of risks. You can talk to an expert cosmetic surgeon to find out if the treatment is right for you or not.
How is Liposuction Done?
Liposuction in Dubai is completed in the following six steps,
- Before the treatment, general anesthesia is given to the patient to avoid discomfort and pain
- The problem site is cleansed and a small incision is created in it
- The doctor then inserts a small metal tube through the incision to target the unwanted fat
- The tube is moved back and forth to liquefy stubborn fat
- After liquefying, fat is evacuated with the help of the tube attached to the machine
- In the end, the incision is closed with elastic tape or stitches to avoid the risk of infection
Is it worth getting Liposuction?
Even though liposuction is a highly invasive treatment, the demand for this procedure is increasing day by day. The reason behind its immense popularity is that it brings a lot of benefits to the sufferers. Some important benefits are listed below,
- The results produced by liposuction are long-lasting or we can say that it improves the body contour permanently
- It carries out natural-looking fat distribution so the risk of botched results is very low
- The procedure is safe and approved by Food and drug administration
- It can also be used to eliminate lipomas from the body
- As this treatment option involves the surgical removal of fat from specific areas so it provides instant body reshaping
- You don’t have to wait for months to see the effects
- You can get rid of that stubborn body fat which you were unable to remove through diet and exercise
- The treatment is suitable for both the genders
Facts Should Know About Liposuction
- Because liposuction involves surgical removal of fat, you can expect a long and difficult recovery period. However, most of the time, it takes several weeks to months to recover from it. During the recovery phase, the patient experiences swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the treatment site but these side-effects usually resolve in the next few days.
- It is very important to follow all the post-operative instructions of the doctor in order to obtain desired results without complications
- Other than the cannula, fat distribution can also be done with the help of laser energy. The procedure that involves the use of a laser to liquefy fat is known as laser liposuction.
- The selection of the right surgeon plays a major role in delivering ideal results to the patient so before the treatment, make sure your surgeon is licensed, certified, experienced, and highly qualified.
- Prior to the treatment, you have to tell the surgeon about your medical history, current medications and allergy (if you have any)
- The cost of liposuction varies from patient to patient depending upon the treatment area, the expertise of the surgeon, technique used, and geographical location of the clinic.