In the late 40s, almost every individual has to suffer from some degree of hair loss. Excessive hair loss can lead to complete baldness so it is better to control it before it is too late. A hair transplant might help you in this regard. It is a permanent solution to the problem of hair thinning. The surgery has made it possible to regain a fuller head of natural hair permanently. There are two techniques that can be used during a hair transplant, FUE, and FUT. Most surgeons prefer using the FUE technique during the procedure as it involves less scarring and quick recovery. Before transplants, people were opting for temporary treatments as there were no permanent solutions available and at that time, PRP, minoxidil was very popular.
By hair transplant, you can get rid of bald patches of the scalp, brows, and the beard. New hair will cover the balding area and they will look so natural that no one would ever know that you have had any treatment. The results of hair transplant surgery are not instant as new hair takes time to grow naturally. According to recent research, the final outcome can take 8 months to appear but obviously, the timeline is not fixed. It can vary from patient to patient depending upon his/her scalp’s ability to grow hair. The surgery has a high patient satisfaction rate as it delivers outstanding results without complications.
Tips to Increase Hair Growth after Hair Transplant:
After having the surgery, there will be some swelling and soreness on your scalp for some days. New hair growth usually starts when this inflammation goes away. The majority of patients notice about 80% of hair growth after 8 months but there are some easy ways by which you can improve the growth rate. 10 most useful tips for the patients of hair transplants are,
- By following the pre & post-operative instructions of your surgeon, you can increase the chances of having a speedy hair growth after transplant
- Generally, minoxidil (rogaine) is prescribed after the transplant surgery as it is an outstanding hair growth stimulator. Do not use any other drug without consulting a specialist
- Avoid applying pressure on your scalp because it can lead to several post-surgical complications
- A healthy diet is very important for fast and better wound healing
- Increase fluids intake to keep yourself hydrated, it is best to drink at 6-8 glasses of water daily
- Avoid strenuous exercises until you fully recover
- By massaging your scalp with essential oils you can increase the growth rate
- Sometimes, low-level laser light therapy is recommended to the patients to encourage hair growth. A tailored plan is prepared according to the individual’s characteristics, goals, and expectations
- You can get improved results of hair transplant surgery by having PRP therapy along with it or after it. Usually, 3 PRP sessions are recommended to patients to produce significant changes in hair growth rate.
- It is best to use organic shampoos for 3-4 weeks after the transplant surgery
Deciding to have a Surgery:
Prior to the surgery, have a consultation with a trichologist to discuss with him your hair loss and the available treatment options. He will recommend the right option to you after listening to your goals, worries, and doubts. Once you decide on having the surgery, you will be provided with some pre-operation and post-operation instructions. These tips are going to help you in achieving the best possible outcome from the surgery.