What is Botox Injection Used for?
An FDA approved treatment mainly designed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It has other advantages too but here we are not going to discuss them. It is injected in small quantities and optimal doses to provide the type of results the patient wants. We have thousands of happy customers of Botox injections Dubai. If you want to be one of them you to follow all the instructions given by your doctor and also make sure that you are not allergic to any ingredient in the Botox.
You are not recommended to get the treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Don’t confuse Botox with injectable fillers. Fillers are injected to plump up the facial volume whereas Botox is used for aging signs.
It is an in-office treatment of wrinkles but you don’t need to stay at night. During the procedure, the doctor uses sterilized needles to inject a small amount of botulinum toxin into the skin or muscles. He will decide how many injections you require to get satisfactory results.
What are the Negative Effects of Botox?
Almost all the injections hurt at some level but in botox, we use very tiny needles due to which pain is almost negligible. But in order to eliminate the risk of severe pain, the doctor may numb the area with a local anesthetic.
The treatment is safe but several side-effects may appear after it. The patient will experience mild pain, swelling or itchiness in the treatment zone but they will disappear within just three to four days. Some other side-effects include,
- Allergic reactions
- Shortness of breath
Sometimes Botox spread in the area surrounding the injection site which could be unbearable. For example, if you got the treatment for your forehead lines, then there are chances that your eyelids will become droopy and saggy for some time.
How to Avoid Side-Effects?
Not every patient experience these side-effects. Here are some instructions that will help you prevent them.
- The first thing that you have to do is to check whether your doctor is FDA-approved or not. The results produced by the procedure performed by a stylist would be different than the results delivered by a medical expert. You need to make sure that your skincare specialist has enough medical knowledge and experience in Botox injections
- Tell your skincare expert if you are allergic to any medication because it can produce serious side-effects
- Inform your doctor about the medications and supplements that you are currently taking
My Advice When it Comes to Botox:
If you want to treat your wrinkles, excessive sweating, or chronic migraines non-surgically, then in my opinion you should definitely go for botox because they produce amazing and natural-looking results.
I’m giving you some post-operation instructions that will help you minimize the risk of side-effects,
- Do not touch, scratch or rub the treated site for 3-4 hours after the procedure
- Avoid lying down for 18 hours post-procedure
- Refrain from performing activities that involve heavy weight lifting
- You are recommended to use cold compressors to minimize side-effects
- Avoid consuming alcohol and excess amount of salt for a week post-procedure
Who Should not get Botox?
You should consult a doctor before deciding to go for the treatment because it is not suitable for everyone. Generally, pregnant and lactating women and people suffering from life-threatening diseases are not good candidates.
You have to contact our skincare specialists to know the exact price because it fluctuates from case to case depending upon different factors. Some common cost-factors are listed below,
- The size of the treatment zone
- The geographical location of the clinic
- Number of sessions
- Skills of the dermatologist
Are the Side-Effects Worth-Taking?
Botox treatment provides 100% satisfactory results to the patients however effects will become visible after three to four days of the treatment. The results are temporary but amazingly satisfying. As far as the time period of effects is concerned, they lasts for 3-4 months only. The patient has to attend recommended regular follow-up sessions to sustain them for a longer period of the treatment.
If this blog is not helping you get all the answers of your question then contact our team now.