A minimally invasive bariatric surgery, the gastric band is an excellent way to safely lose
Substantial weight. It reduces food intake by modifying the size of the stomach
Through smaller incisions.
Continue reading to learn everything there is to know about the gastric banding in Dubai: how it
Works, who should have it, how much does it cost?
How Does It Work?
During gastric banding, the surgeon places an inflatable band on the top of the stomach. This helps the patient to feel fuller with less food and lose a significant amount of weight. It is fast and produces reversible/adjustable results. However, it is necessary to strictly adhere to a
Liquids-only diet for at least a week to maintain the desired results for a more extended period.
Who Should Have It?
You are a good candidate for Gastric banding if:
- You have obesity-related issues and a BMI of 30-35
- Dietary changes, exercise, and medications have failed to provide you with the desired
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Gastric Banding?
- Reduced hunger and triggered fullness
- Changes stomach size, resulting in significant weight loss
- treats obesity-related complications
- Reversible outcomes
- Improves your ability to achieve your ideal weight
- Reduced operation time
- Is technically simple to perform
- Less dramatic outcomes
- Because it requires a foreign system to remain in the stomach, the risk of infection is high
- Involves re-treatment every six to seven months
- Side effects include: digestive problems, oesophagal enlargement, swelling, and
*Consider Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass if you want a more permanent weight loss solution.
What to Expect While Recovering?
Patients can resume their normal activities in just three to four weeks. However, during the recovery period, you may experience some soreness in your stomach. This happens after almost any gastric band surgery, so it’s nothing to be concerned about. There may also be some swelling and bruising. However, keep in mind that all of this should be healed within two weeks.
What Can You Do To Speed Up Your Healing Time?
The quickest way to a successful recovery is to adhere to your surgeon’s instructions strictly.
Here are a few helpful tips for gastric banding patients:
- You will need to strictly follow a liquid protein diet for at least 8-10 days
- You may be prescribed pain relievers. Ensure that you take the drugs – that are prescribed to you – on time.
- Inform the doctor before you use any over-the-counter medications
- In the first week after surgery, you are encouraged to walk for at least 5-10 minutes. This will help you regain your strength.
What Is The Cost Of Gastric Band In Dubai?
The cost of gastric band in Dubai can range from AED 9,000 to AED 20,000 depending on the surgeon performing the surgery, the reputation of the clinic, and the health of the patient. Overall, because banding is performed laparoscopically, it is much less expensive than other bariatric surgeries.
How Do I Find The Best Service Provider?
As the most in-demand plastic surgery, more and more hospitals around the world are offering bariatric surgeries, particularly gastric band surgery. Many of us have a favorite doctor, but for a newcomer, deciding who to see can be difficult. Here are the top professional recommendations to think about:
- Choose practitioners who are trained, experienced, and highly qualified
- Research three to four specialized clinics
- Verify insurance coverage
- Confirm that the clinic of choice has a follow-up program
Obesity can have a negative impact on your quality of life. Thankfully – with gastric banding and other bariatric surgeries – many people can find relief.
Using post-operative instructions can typically assist you in maintaining the results and avoiding post-surgery complications.
Contact us for more info on everything you need to know about gastric band surgery in Dubai