Transplant, a way to get back a head full of hair!
Hair transplantation is a popular cosmetic surgery in Dubai and is well-known among Emiratis. Emiratis turn to this technique to achieve a thicker head of hair. Hair transplant, in general, includes transplanting hair from one area of the scalp to the area that has less hair. Given the simplicity and accuracy of hair restoration, it is the only natural, safe way to restore hair to the scalp where there is hair loss.
What the recovery looks like? What are the dos and don’ts after a hair transplant in Dubai that can give a smooth recovery? And are there side effects? Continue reading to come up with answers to these and other related topics.
Hair Transplant Recovery
Patients can usually return to work three to four days after receiving hair transplants. This procedure, however, demands some post-operative care as well as a slew of maintenance and follow-up consultations. At the end of the procedure, the surgeon will present you with a thorough set of post-operative instructions in order to assist you to get the best potential results.
Dos and Don’ts
Aftercare; it’s just as vital to know what to avoid after a hair transplant as it is to know what to avoid before getting one. To help you get the most out of your therapy, here are some basic post-operative care guidelines.
- Sleep with your head raised, especially during the first seven days. This is necessary to allow the swelling to subside as quickly as feasible.
- Consult a surgeon to figure out which medications to take and which to avoid.
- Apply an ice pack to your face to help reduce the likelihood of inflammation.
- After the procedure, try to stay hydrated. Drink eight to ten glasses of fluids every day.
- Keep your expectations low. Expect some transplanted hair follicles to fall out in the first few weeks. This is a very natural side effect of the transplant procedure. Within three to four months, new hair will develop in place of the lost hair.
- After the procedure, have a friend or relative drive you home. Although this operation does not necessitate significant sedation, it is best not to drive even if you have been locally anesthetized.
- Don’t get your hands on the transplanted scalp area. If you’re going to use cold packs, put them on your face instead.
- Do not wash your hair for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- During the first three weeks, avoid exposing your scalp to direct sunlight. When you go out, wear a wide hat to protect your head and apply a high-SPF sunscreen.
- Don’t engage in any strenuous activities that will exacerbate your side effects.
Unfortunately, some swelling, bruising, and bleeding will occur in your scalp during the first several days after hair transplant in Dubai. And it can take up to a week for these side effects to go away completely. However, if you take good care of yourself, particularly your scalp, the adverse effects will only last 72 hours (max).
The road to hair restoration success is Aftercare. With proper aftercare, you can reduce the risk of side effects, manage/improve the results, and return to your normal life as soon as possible.
Explore More With Us
If you’re hunting for a hair transplant clinic in Dubai, Dynamic Clinic is the place to go. We totally understand how important it is for you to have a beautiful scalp, which is why we also offer great hair treatments, including hair transplants, at reasonable prices.
Please contact us if you have more questions concerning Dos and don’ts after a hair transplant in Dubai or anything else similar.